My Broken Foot

On Friday, some you would have noticed that I had a sore foot and was walking around on crutches. On Friday I didn’t really think that there was anything wrong with my foot but today I found out some bad news. I have torn one of the ligaments in my right foot and because of that a part of my foot bone has become chipped off.

At the moment I’m on crutches and I have to wear this big moon boot to help the healing process. It will take about 6 weeks for my foot to heal but in the mean time I’m not allowed to do any sport. That means I’ll probably miss out on netball finals, dance concert and my netball try-outs.

I’m sure this will be very hard for me but I’ll just have to take it easy.

7 thoughts on “My Broken Foot

1. Hey Mia,
    I know how you feel about not being able to do something you love. Late last term you may have noticed that I wore a bandage around my knee. I couldn’t play sport for a couple weeks. I still can’t play much sport, today I could have been trying out for the Victorian U11 soccer team. But I can’t because you my injury.
    From Justin

2. Hi Mia,
    That sounds painful 🙁 . I have never broken a bone so I don’t know what it feels like. Moon boots look weird…
    From Lily 🙂

3. Hi Mia,
    It’s hard to think you can’t do dancing, sport or running. I hope you get better soon, stay strong. I know you will get better!
    From Bianka:)

4. Hey Mia,
    I completely understand you, because I have done the exact same thing, and I am really upset that I can’t dance at my concert because I’ve been working for it all year. But it’s important for us to heal so that we can continue sports next year. It’s a part of life, and I guess while it might be hard now, there will always be something else to look forward to.
    From Nicki 🙂