Free Friday, Letter to my Principal

A while ago, as apart of our homework, we had to write about a rule that we wanted to keep. It was supposed to be a persuasive text and this is my persuasive letter to my principal.

Dear Mr. Gleeson,

I’m utterly disgusted with the thought of Free Friday being taken away. I strongly urge you to consider my reasons to keep Free Friday.

Firstly, the people who play on the grass on Free Friday definitely use it productively. I am one the people who adore Free Friday and when my friends and I are on it we do tricks like walkovers, handsprings and attempted aerials. I can strongly assure you that we do NOT use the time to sit and talk as we can do that on the other four days of the week.

Another reason is that on this one day of the week, everyone who plays ball games can play on the lower. The things we do on the grass certainly cannot be played on the lower as it is a danger to us because we could easily fall or slip on the concrete of and get a horrific injury. Many people expect us to play on the lower and they clearly don’t understand the hazards that we will face. Our wonderful school is all about safety, which is why you should back us up to keep us safe.

Finally there is absolutely no sense of exclusion on Free Friday as we allow everyone to join in or pick their own game to play as long it does not involve a ball. Unlike a game of soccer or football, the games that are played on Free Friday do not take up the full space; therefore many people can play what they want.

All I am asking is for one day that is free for everyone to enjoy. This is why I strongly urge you to keep Free Friday.

Kind Regards

Mia, on behalf of many, many people.

Soccer !Sculpted SportsRugby and Soccer balls