Highlights of Camp

Here is my recount of my main highlights of camp:

Mt Evelyn YMCA Recreational camp is all about adventure and discovery. With activities that challenged and heights that made your stomach take a sudden drop, Mt Evelyn will definitely help you conquer your most dreaded fears.

Red faces, of course, is completely essential at camp. You will see the most peculiar things, whether it be undies on people’s heads or a chorus in unison to ‘Baa Baa Black Sheep’! Who knows, you may even see a flip or two.

The camp menu also needs to be filling and delicious, especially since we’re doing highly physical activities. At Mt Evelyn, this wasn’t a problem, the food was delectable and we had mega servings. A few food highlights on the menu consisted of, chicken schnitzel and chips, apple crumble, tacos, muffins, cake, fruit, pizza and who could forget chocolate mousse.

My cabin was full of laughs and kindness. With five of my best friends in my cabin, I felt extremely comfortable and we had so much fun.

I felt that I achieved so much at camp and I also was challenged physically and emotionally. Getting to the very top of the giant swing which was 18 metres high, jumping off the leap of faith and getting to the top in a small matter of seconds, doing the splits on the ropes and making damper!

My first school camp was definitely one to remember and all these achievements will stay with me forever. Mt Evelyn was an amazing experience!

IMG_7471IMG_7544

3 thoughts on “Highlights of Camp

1. Hi Mia,
    We like that you can get friends and visitors from all over the world and the can make comments. We also love your virtual pets.
    Love Grandma and Poppy

2. Camp was fun I think I think if I had a choice I would love to go there next year and do all the activities to the limit. Would you like to go there next year? and did you like the food? I loved the food.

3. Hey Mia,
    Your post about camp is really well written. Well detailed and lots of information. I really liked being in a cabin with you, since it’s our last camp together. keep up the great effort and thank you for commenting on my blog so much.
    From Isabella